Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ann Blyth

“Why am I so good at playing bitches? I think it's because I'm not a bitch. Maybe that's why Miss Crawford always plays ladies.” - Bette Davis

Read this quote and wanted to find out what caused the big feud between Bette Davis & Joan Crawford. In the process, I stumbled on a photograph of the the film Mildred Pierce, I realized that I might of miss looked Ann Blyth in the past. Since I run the Rockabilly and Rockabetty Tumblr I've come across many vintage personalities. But I guess it's one of those things where you have to be in the mood for something or your eye reacts to different things on different days. Knowing that I've definitely gawked at this woman before, I can't help but have a born-again feeling seeing out takes on the set of Mildred Pierce.


In any case, this woman is beautiful. Her face is so uniquely delicate, but has a very strong presence at the same time. Of course, the hair and the clothing and the-oooh-make up is as always impeccable.



Now I definitely have to see the film because she'll probably leave me even more breathless in action and I've read that she plays "a total bitch, that gets my blood boiling, but that's just crediting her good acting skills."  Yes, so this week is the time to get my painting and movie watching on.





No comments:

Post a Comment